Welcome to the CSU advising team!
Developmental academic advising is a systematic process based on a close student-advisor relationship intended to aid students in achieving educational, career, and personal goals through the utilization of the full range of institutional and community resources.
NACADA has a few other interesting definitions for academic advising.
Here are the basics:
- Know who you are advising. Their goals and needs are the driving force.
- Know the options. You are a representative of Colorado State University and relied upon to help simplify navigating what can be a very complex and intimidating system of higher education.
- Make referrals. Connect the dots and resources as everyone who works for CSU is highly invested in helping every student be successful.
At CSU we have a comprehensive training model, with information about how to get started successfully.
- Step 1: Review the Onboarding Guidelines
- Step 2: Review the Checklist for Adv Foundations and Related Sessions Plan to attend as many as you can your first semester.
The Navigate Platform is a student success management system for advising professionals. This tool allows for caseload management, appointment scheduling, outreach, reporting, and data analytics! Trainings for this platform are offered twice a year during Winter Break and Summer Session, dates and sign-up information will be sent out via the Advising at CSU listserv. Your access is automatically created once you are assigned students and you can log-in using your CSU credentials at https://csurams.campus.eab.com. If you have any questions about the Navigate Platform please reach out to the Navigate Help Desk at 970-491-2639 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continue to explore other advisor training areas and opportunities.