Advising CSU Online Students
Staying true to the University's land grant mission, CSU Online makes education accessible, giving students who cannot or choose not to come to campus opportunities to connect with CSU renowned faculty, research, and academic curricula. CSU Online students gain the same quality education from expert faculty as on-campus students receive. They earn the same regionally-accredited CSU degrees and receive diplomas that are indistinguishable from those earned by campus students.
CSU Online offers undergraduate, graduate, and noncredit programs, with delivery modes including completely online instruction, classroom programs at the Denver Learning Center, and hybrid learning models that combine online and classroom instruction. Programs include:
- Undergraduate degrees and certificates
- Graduate degrees and certificates
- Professional development certificates and courses
- Digital badges
When advising online students, there are a few things you should take into consideration specific to their situation.
Registration and withdrawals
- Registration for online classes is facilitated through CSU Online
- Individual course withdrawals are facilitated through RamWeb
- University withdrawals are facilitated through CSU Online
- Students must meet course prerequisites in order to enroll
- Contact course instructor for override permissions
Important dates and deadlines
View important policies and deadlines of Colorado State University and CSU Online
Differences when working with online education/students
- Orientation and enrollment deposits are not required
- Students must take placement exams for composition and math
- Most online students have a need to balance work and family responsibilities, and should be encouraged to consider their other obligations before deciding to engage in a full course load
You can find more information specific to online students by visiting the CSU Online "Find Answers" page, which includes answers to questions about registration and payment, admission, financial aid, tuition and fees, deadlines, and more.
The CSU Online student services team is also available to assist in any way they can. You can contact them by clicking here. or 970-491-5288.